Wednesday, April 28, 2010

No Numbers Allowed

It seems I have found the rabbit hole, and now I am in Blog Land. So, here it goes...

I am in love. In love with words. Even more, I am in love with books and people who write them. Any fellow word-lover is a friend of mine! (And all those non word-lovers are welcome too, I suppose.) If you fall into either one of these categories, read on! In addition to the current goings-on of my everyday collegiate life, I'll be posting the findings of my reading adventures. Books, short stories, poems, quotes from my favorite authors, you can find it all here.

I should also probably explain the first half of my title. I have a love-hate relationship with the wonderful world of running. The thrill, the endorphins, the pain, it's all a permanent part of my existence. Some think I am crazy. But I know that I cannot live without my old running shoes and an open road.

Friends, family, citizens of Blog Land, you are all welcome here! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. AHHH JACKIE IS A FELLOW BLOGGER!
    I'm so excited. This is such a surprise. It's not like we hassled you or anything.
    And Abby might have taken your disciple virginity, but I'm taking your post virginity!

    and p.s. People do think you are cray cray about running. TRUE FACT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joey,

    Even though I don't like adult books AND I haven't worked out since 2009, I still LOVE your blog! hehehe almost as much as I LOVE YOU!

    love,
    Chandler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie - Great start to your blog! I look forward to following you - as a fellow word lover and runner!!! Hope you are well :)
    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAC, THIS MORNING I BRUSHED MY TEETH STANDING IN THE "FLAMINGO POSE" (OR TRIED). YOUR "FLAMINGO" STANCE IS A GENETIC THING! A YOUNGER VERSION OF MYSELF, WOULD STAND LIKE YOU DESCRIBE. WE ALSO HAVE A RELATIVE, MY NIECE, ANNE IN TRAVERSE CITY, MI, WHO ALSO STANDS LIKE "US"! RUNNING? WELL, I USED TO UNTIL MY KNEES BEGAN TO SCREAM AND HAD TO BE REPLACED WITH TITANIUM. NO RUNNING, JUST SWIMMING AND YOGA TO OIL ALL THAT METAL! NOW I RUN VIRTUALLY WITH YOU AND YOUR DREAMS. READING...AHHHH...NOW THAT'S SOMETHING WE REALLY HAVE IN COMMON. AS AN ASPIRING ENGLISH TEACHER IN MY FIRST (AND ONLY) YEAR IN COLLAGE, SPELLING, WONDERFUL PROSE, PUNCTUATION, ETC.,WERE AND ARE MY PASSION. I STILL LOVE TO TAKE A SENTENCE APART. LOVE YOU, JAC, YOUR BUBI

    ReplyDelete