Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Animal Kingdom

I believe that it is extremely important for each one of us homo sapiens to know exactly what kind of animal we would be. Just in case, you know, God decides to punish mankind by turning us into animals. For example, if I were not a human, I would be a flamingo. I have come to this conclusion for the following reasons:

1. Flamingos have really long legs. I do not.
2. Flamingos can fly. I cannot.
3. I love the flamingo stance: the one-legged balancing act with the right foot on the inside of the left knee. In fact, I often copy this stance when I'm brushing my teeth, standing in front of my closet in the morning while I decide what to wear, basically whenever it feels natural. Which is a pretty considerable amount of time.
4. Flamingos are pink. Which automatically makes them pretty.
5. Flamingos have lots of friends.



I recently went on a field trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo, and I could feel my connection with the flamingos intensifying by the second!




1 comment:

  1. Jackie, what is the girl form of a homo sapien? I know that homoerectus is the man....

    ReplyDelete